Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Putting in an offer!

Ok, so I was on a roll last week and was doing pretty darn good about keeping my posts regular and giving everyone the details about our house hunt.

However, I went and jinxed myself that very same Tuesday.  In talking to Jason, I brought up the large quantity of traffic fatalities that Winston has been experiencing this year and said, hmm…we’re due for the big one soon.

Well, what do you know?, that very night at 2:30 in the morning, I got the call.  Dead dude was in my immediate future. Go figure right?  Well ever since then I’ve been a little bit of a busy beaver and haven’t had a whole lot of opportunity to sit down and write the next chapter.  Not that I’m complaining.  Catching up with friends and my lovely sister for a dinner, spending the weekend mixing crafts and naps and going to church have been exactly what the doctor ordered!  

Yea, I know, naps don’t actually count as being “busy” and not able to write a post, but I include naps as an integral part of my day, so back off…mmmkay?!  Anyways, here is the lastest…

As you’re aware, Jason and I have been searching for a new place to call a home.  We looked at four different properties that I described here, here, here and here.

After our search on the internet provided few additional properties to look out, Jason and I made one of the biggest decisions we had ever made together (besides deciding to get married of course), we decided to put in an offer on one of the homes!


We decided that the blue and yellow house was right for us!  We were thrilled with the location and the amount of land available for our pups to play in.  It was the right size and most importantly, the right price! 

The list price for the property was $109,900, so well within our budget.  We decided that our offer should be less than that but ultimately, we were more than willing to pay full price.  So I emailed Monica on Sunday, March 11 and told her we wanted to put in an offer at 89K.  It was significantly below the asking price, but on the MLS listing, the tax value said 92K, so we felt $3,000 below tax value in today’s market was a fair offer.

Monica emailed us back and requested that we meet her at the house that Monday to do a second walk through.  It was her way of making sure that we were really interested.  She also said that 89K was 21% under asking price, so maybe we should reconsider our offer.  

We didn’t mind the input as far as prices were concerned.  That’s why we were using a realtor.  She can offer the experience and knowledge of what is a good offer and all that jazz.

On the second walk-through, the home owners weren’t there and we had the house to ourselves to really look around.  It was just the way we remembered and this time, I could really start to see our things in the space and was already decorating and remodeling in my mind too!

I knew we were making the right decision.

Monica did request that we meet her on Tuesday to view one additional house in that 90K to 100K price range.  It was solely to let us know what our money was buying us.  Not a bad idea, if you ask me.  

Stay tuned.

Love as always,

No comments:

Post a Comment