Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Time

Okay, I'm going to try and post a little more often in December.  But everything I want to write about is what I'm making for everyone for their presents.  It's going to be a handmade holiday for Me and Jason. 

But to start off the Christmas spirit, I'll start with this Christmas survey.  I found it at this blog site: The Sunset Lane.  It took me a minute to figure out that it originally came from this site though: I Rock So What.


So here goes.  I would love to see everyone else's answers too!


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate on 99% of my winter days, but I always make sure to get at least one cup of Egg Nog with a little something special to top it! 

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa most definitely wraps presents under the tree.  Stocking stuffers are left unwrapped though.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White is so pretty.  So definitely white.  It helps the colored ornaments stand out more.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.  Jason said you have to shoot it down from the trees, which is both tricky and unnecessary.  We do have a pretty holly bush or two outside the house.  Maybe I should bring some of it inside.
5. When do you put your decorations up? When I can get me house clean enough to junk it up again.  So probably right before the girls come over next week for a early Christmas get together. 

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Grandma’s sausage casserole and the orange juice that she makes you drink.  I love both, but it makes me laugh that Grams makes sure we have OJ on Christmas morning.  I guess it makes her feel good knowing that at least one day a year she can help with our Vitamin C intake.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Lying in bed with my sister and poking her until she woke up and swearing up and down that I just heard Reindeer bells.  She thought I was crazy, but I KNOW WHAT I HEARD!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The one year that mom and dad forgot to sign some of the presents from themselves.  But I should have realized it when I was about 6 and we caught mom and dad still putting the toys out when Sis and I got up to go to the bathroom.  They did good though, claiming “we were just seeing what Santa got you before you did.  So hurry up or he’ll turn around and take them back since you’re not asleep.” Ha!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Oh yea, we go to Grandpa’s every year on Christmas Eve to exchange presents and stories there.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It’s a mix of purple and gold ornaments (for ECU, Go PIRATES!) and hand me down ornaments (since I apparently didn’t own any when I was 21, thanks mom….I think) and funky ornaments given to me by friends throughout the years.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Dread it!  It’s pretty for the 10 minutes that I want to be outside in it.  Then bluh!!  Get rid of the awful stuff.  Besides, when in NC do we EVER get just snow?  Too much ice and bad drivers for me.

12. Can you ice skate? I guess.  Been a few times, but we don’t have many rinks in driving distance around here and the lakes don’t freeze with thick enough ice to skate on.  I went with my best friend Em once though and played freeze tag.  She was taking a break and I didn’t know it until I was already going up to tag her.  She saw me and next thing I know, I slide tackled her.  It wasn’t very nice of my 15 year old self.  Oops.  Sorry lady!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really, because I like all my gifts.  The boom box with the Alan Jackson CD when I was 9 was pretty kick ass though.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Trying to stay focused on what the Holidays are really about.  It seems that every year, it gets harder and harder.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Snow Cream!  Does that count?

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Well, we can’t do it anymore, but calling and talking to my great-grandparents in Iowa and Arkansas was always really special to me.  And when I was a little bit older, seeing my Grandpa hand out money envelopes.  We always joked that he was the God Father.  It was never about the money, but the smile on that old man’s face when you gave him a kiss on the cheek.  Aww…shucks, I’m starting to tear up now just thinking about him and all my grandparents that aren’t here anymore.  I SURE DO MISS YOU GUYS!

17. What tops your tree? A star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Of course I prefer to give presents.  But I would be lying if I didn’t say that receiving presents isn’t totally awesome too.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? They make pretty decorations, but otherwise….Meh.  They take too long to eat.  Small candy canes are a good alternative though.

20. Favorite Christmas movie?  National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation!!

Here are a few of my favorites quotes too:
            I hope no one I know sees me standing in the yard in my pajamas!
            Shitter’s full
            Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanakuah, Kiss my ass, Kiss his ass
            Why is the floor wet Todd?! I don’t know Margo!!

And of course the best quote from the entire movie:

I don’t own this movie, but sure would love to have it in my collection *hint* *hint*

21. Saddest Christmas Song? Silent Night

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy

I would love to hear everyone else's answers.
All my love and here's to a wonderful holiday season!
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment