Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011---I feel like I’m in Heaven!

Ok..sorry…I just had to rhyme.  I couldn’t help it.  But that really is how great my year has been.  There are so many things to complain about sometimes, that it’s nice to be able to look back on a year and really realize what is great about your life.  So here’s a quick year in review

January – We had one of the biggest snows in NC that I can remember.  It was a lot of fun since I got to take a lot of snowy pictures and learn a little bit more about white balance and just how bright snow is!






February – I didn’t take pictures or write down any notes, but I remember Valentine’s day being just what I want Valentine’s day to be: A sweet little note (and maybe some chocolate) from my sweetie and just a quick reminder of how much I love him and how lucky I am to have a wonderful man by my side




March – Does a lot ever really happen in March?  



April – William and Kate’s wedding!!!  Gosh. Wasn’t she stunning and he was just so handsome.  I know it’s silly to be so involved in a wedding of people that I’ll never meet, but there just aren’t weddings like that every day!



May – Wow…so much happened in May.  

First we started working on the hunting grounds.  Deer must be found year round ya know!  
That's my little girl riding on the back of the 4 wheeler with me!


 My first off roading trip to Uwharrie National Park was a success.  We really must do this more often.  Next time I promise to grow slightly bigger cojones and take the tougher trails. 


 TSG went to Texas to help with the wildfires.  There are no words that can describe how much I missed him during the 18 days he was gone.  But the dogs sure do love it when he comes home! 
This is a real picture from a real TX wildfire

Sorry for the bad pic, crappy phone camera and the dogs were way to excited to get a good shot


 One of my besties and I went to Myrtle Beach Bike Week.  Whoa mama! What a good time. 

 A really good friend from middle school stopped by for a quick visit on one of her many trips.  Be sure to check out her blog.

Leigh's Travel Blog

June – Jason went to another fire…at least this one was in NC and we were in the same time zone.  Smokey the bears of NC..Bless you! 
Simmons Rd Fire


 We also found many many ways to celebrate summer time!  One of the nicest people ever got married this summer and her bachelorette was in June…be careful when you get us all together!  

One of the ladies from my hometown got to throw her precious little one a birthday party for the first time and I was able to join in the festivities!

Sorry that you're only getting pictures of the cake, but for right now, I just don't feel comfortable putting pictures of my friend's children on the internet without their permission.  And I'm too lazy today to pick up my phone to ask


July – We spotted a double rainbow on July 4th at the minor league game we went to…check out the awesome hat


 And then one of the best weddings ever!!  It’s okay, you can be jealous of our fantastic dance skills. 

What a fun, beautiful couple!



 Right after the wedding…Jason had to leave AGAIN! Gosh…I guess now is the time to get used to this mess…
A dozer plowing through the dirt to create a fire line



August – We went to watch the Carolina Panthers training camp practice…if you get the chance to do this with your favorite team, I highly recommend doing so.  It’s a great way to get autographs!  





I also completed my first triathalon.  God helped me out with that 1 for sure!  
This is me crossing the finish line!

My twin sister and I completed our first triathalons together!

Jason got deployed to help with the Irene clean up to.  



September – Jason and I got engaged on 09-10-11!!  That is all that happened in September

The story of how that happened!

October – The start of our crazy running around began.  The fall is always busy for us and in Oct we went to an ECU football game.  
Please ignore TSG's dirty shoes, he has since upgraded to a new pair


We threw our annual Halloween Party. 
Shade in a mask, she will take it off in 2.3 seconds

 I turned old (NVRMind the age)

Jason and I went to the beach for a small getaway

November – Jason turned old

Thanksgiving happened 

I’m pretty sure there was a craft or 2 mixed in



December – Crafting galore and as soon as I am home I will share all the details of the many homemade Christmas crafts that my friends and family received.  Obviously I couldn’t share before now because it would have spoiled the surprise
Again, I torture my dog by putting her in costumes.  I don't know why she tolerates me as mush as she does


I hope your 2011 was as awesome as mine!

Happy New Year!

All my love!
Meredith

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out darling! Loved seeing you and I hope we can do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete