Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAPPY GOBBLE GOBBLE DAY!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I am thankful for so much each and every year, but this year, I have been truly blessed.  I have a beautiful man by my side that supports EACH AND EVERY CRAZY new thing I do and I love him so very much!

I have an adoring family that anyone would be lucky to have in their life!  And when you can't share the holiday with them, they will call non-stop to make sure you're not alone.  Thanks guys!

Here is a peak at our Thanksgiving was spent.  Thanks to Roscoe Sr and Ophelia for joining us too.  It was so lovely to be able to spend some quality time with them.



First thing first...must make dessert
I even made the crust from scratch!!!! Booyah!



yes, you can call me Betty Freaking Crocker!

This Recipe was courtesy of my brand new Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook <3 BHG

This is where Jason gets a little Camera happy and my attire for most of the day



Note the smirk on my face....pretty much..."put the camera down now"
Also...check out the prep work in the background... I am awesome...yes I am


Stuffing...Recipe courtesy of the old man..

Final product...
I think I missed a step though...it was not NEARLY as good as Dad and Sis make it.
Maybe if they would have let me help in the kitchen in year's past, I wouldn't have missed the flavor in this.
Maybe the bread was too big or I didn't use enough spices...not sure

Sweet Potato Casserole
Recipe courtesy of Opheila Walker and the Walker Family Cookbook (aka...the only cookbook I really will ever use)
Seriously, if you ever need a basic recipe without the flash and pomp and circumstance found on the internet and celebrity chef's cookbooks, call me. I got the hook-up with this cookbook. No, you can't have mine. Hands off! 
BTW: I think Jason ate more of this than the Pecan Pie...Maybe this should have just been dessert!

And finally...the TURKEY!!
We decided that we didn't need a ginormous bird to celebrate Thanksgiving.
This recipe is courtesy of Food Network's magazine. It's really good too and gets everything done in one pan.

Check out the steam!
The turkey induced coma didn't forget us this year either.
 Some pointers for my self for next year:
1. Gravy had no flavor, just use the canned stuff
2. Stuffing was cold, keep the lid on
3. Stuffing had no flavor...get Dad/Sis to just make it for me ahead of time
4. Pecan pie was awesome

Well I hope everyone is passed out on the couch watching some football and won't be able to read this for a few days!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE
All my love!
Meredith
 P.S. Shade and Zeus enjoyed their turkey prequel this morn
 Also...watch out if you come over to the house in the next day or two..Jason made deviled eggs and that can only mean one thing....Bring on the smell good spray!

No comments:

Post a Comment