Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What is this?

So, I may be behind the times, because I'm still totally new at this whole "blog" thing. 


I have recently discovered the world of blogging and noticed that middle aged women are VERY into it.  They share all kinds of good advice about home decor, sewing, mending, housekeeping, etc.  You name it and I bet there's probably a blog out there about it.  And if they can do, hey, so can I.  I'm hip like that, right?


So I thought this may be a very good way for my friends and family to keep up with me and Jason and our little family (Shade and Zeus).  And I think it may be a good way to share some of my creativity with everyone.  Maybe I want everyone to think I'm really awesome at crafting, or maybe I'm hoping that people will lend their advice and ideas on my projects so that they get better.  I really don't know for sure.


But anywho, this is me and my blog, let's see where it takes us, shall we?


By the way...WTH does blog mean?  What a crazy word.  I thought writing down thoughts and ideas used to be called keeping a journal or scrapbooking.  Does putting it on the internet garner a whole new, made up word for that?  Anyone else feel like they should say the word "blog" four times fast each time they say it, turning "blog" into "blog blog blog blog" with the same tone as the Governor from Blazing Saddles?

"Work Work Work Work"

BTW:
UrbanDictionary.com says that "blog" means: Short for weblog.
A meandering, blatantly uninteresting online diary that gives the author the illusion that people are interested in their stupid, pathetic life. Consists of such riveting entries as "homework sucks" and "I slept until noon today."

Merriam-Webster.com : A web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer.

My blog will probably be more of an Urban Dictionary scenario, just for your future reference.  You're welcome

All my love,
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment